2015 Technical Note
Technical Note 1 provides all data sources and definitions used for the indicators in the Country Profiles and detailed description of some of the data and indicators used.
2014 Technical Notes
The 12 Technical Notes of the Global Nutrition Report 2014 present a wealth of nutrition-related information. Technical Note 1 provides all data sources and definitions used for the indicators in the Country Profiles and detailed description of some of the data and indicators used. The remaining address methodological and technical aspects of a range of nutrition-related topics ranging from food security and hunger to overweight and obesity.
Download in pdf
Individual technical notes
- Technical Note 1: Nutrition Country Profile Indicators Definitions and Sources 2014
- Technical Note 2: LiST Analysis for Global Nutrition Report Independent Expert Group
- Technical Note 3: The Excessive (and Wasteful) Consumption of Food
- Technical Note 4: Toward Sustainable, Healthy, and Profitable Food Systems: Nutrition and the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
United Nations System Standing Committee for Nutrition
- Technical Note 5: Learning from Efforts to Cost Country Plans: Priority Technical Issues to Address
- Technical Note 6: Measuring and Tracking the Access Dimension of Food Security: Available Indicators and Recommendations for Future Investments
Marie T. Ruel, Terri J. Ballard, and Megan Deitchler
- Technical Note 7: Voices of the Hungry: Where in the World Is Food Insecurity More Severe?
- Technical Note 8: Assessing Capacity: The Need to Invest in Nutrition Capacity Development in the West Africa Region
- Technical Note 9: Data Gaps for Low Birth Weight
- Technical Note 10: Measuring Overweight and Obesity: Need for Harmonization and Refinement
Rachel Nugent, Mercedes de Onis, Komal Bhatia, Kamilla Eriksen, Gretchen Stevens, and Yves Martin-Prevel
- Technical Note 11: Countries in the SUN Movement Assess Their Own Progress within Government-Led Multistakeholder Platforms
- Technical Note 12: Vitamin and Mineral Status Worldwide: What We Know and the Challenges Ahead
Luz Maria De-Regil